1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
There’s a fucking womanifesto for you.”
This is so fucking stupid. All women are NOT prey, that just paints us as unable to defend ourselves. If the posts like this are supposed to be about empowering women, why do they keep painting us as weak fragile victims who need to be afraid of all men simply to survive.
Because all the things said in this post are things that are currently happening, because 1 in 4 women in their teens and twenties and even thirties are victims of some kind of sexual assault, because most victims knew their assailants, because rape jokes are still laughed at, because women are still objectified and over-sexualized, because women are taught CAUTION pretty much their entire lives.
That’s what this is saying. It’s not saying that women are weak or afraid, but that we are taught to be cautious and untrusting of men and we are taught that everything that happens to us is because we were not careful enough. The obvious tone of this piece is how fucking HORRIBLE this truth is that all of these things are COMMON in our world today and how things need to start changing. It’s bringing attention to one of the biggest issues our population faces today, not calling us weak.
Yep. Happening. Worldwide. At rates that should terrify everyone. And we should stand up for ourselves. We want, many times, the same things — an honest acknowledgement of how bad this problem is and how we need everyone in to fix it, gender aside, and to be powerful enough to put a stop to this. That way we don’t have to be survivors. Just women.